Caitlin Mathes (AD) and José Rubio (AD) will be preforming with Encompass New Opera Theater in the world premier of Evan Mack’s opera Angel of the Amazon. The production runs May 6th – 22nd and will be performed at the The Jerome Robbins Theater at Baryshnikov Arts Center, 450 West 37th Street, NYC.
Click these links for more information about Encompass New Opera Theater or the opera Angel of the Amazon.
• Our Congratulations goes to Xi Wang (AD) who had her New York City Opera main stage audition (at General and Artistic Director, George Steel’s invitation – after hearingher here at CCM) and was offered a role in NYCO’s VOX FESTIVAL!
• Twelve exceptionally talented young singer-actors from the United States, United Kingdom and China have been selected to compete for top prizes of $15,000, $10,000 and $7,500 in the finals of the 2011 Lotte Lenya Competition, to be held on April 16, 2011, at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York. Two of the twelve finalists are CCM’s Catilin Mathes (AD) and Alisa Jordheim (DMA). Caitlin and Alisa will perform their entire programs for the judges in the finals.
• A reminder, this weekend (April 1st & 2nd) CCM Opera students will perform in the Opera d’Arte production of Leoš Janáček’s The Cunning Little Vixen. Information about the show can be found at the CCM Opera website.
Capriccio performance dates:
Monday, March 28th
Friday, April 1st
Thursday, April 7th
Monday, April 11th
Friday, April 15th
Tuesday, April 19th
Saturday, April 23rd 1:00pm – Live HD movie theater broadcast
Wednesday, May 11th 6:30pm – Encore HD movie theater broadcast
Toi, toi, toi Mr. Goldstein!
CCM Opera students & alumni win awards at the 2011 George London Competition, Orpheus Competition and Grand Concours de Chant
• CCM Opera tenors Marco Cammarota (M.M.) and Jason Slayden (M.M.) competed in the 2011 George London Competition and received encouragement awards for their performances. Marco and Jason were selected from a pool of 300 singers and invited to New York City to perform in this prestigious competition. Congratulations gentlemen.
• CCM Opera Alumnus and tenor Andrew Stenson (M.M., 2010) recently placed 1st in the Grand Concours de Chant competition in Austin Texas. Click here to watch Mr. Stenson’s performance of Pourquoi me réveiller.
• Abigail Paschke, soprano (M.M.) and Danielle Messina, soprano (M.M.) competed in the National Orpheus Vocal Competition this past weekend. Abigail placed 1st and Danielle placed 2nd. Congratulations ladies.
If you know of other CCM singers (alumni or enrolled) who have won awards or have participated in competitions, post comments here or send an email to email@example.com. We would like to recognize their success and share it with the rest of CCM Opera community.
Sunday, 1:30pm, New York City
I just heard CCM Opera Mezzo-Soprano Audrey Walstrom sing in the stage of the Metropolitan Opera in the 2011 MONC Semi-Finals. She sang beautifully with great expression, color, dynamics and languages. She received a resounding applause from the audience. We at CCM wish her the best of luck and are cheering her on! Decisions for the Sunday, March 13 MONC Finals will be made late this afternoon. Stay tuned!
Tenor Jason Slayden, another CCM Opera student, will be singing at 3:20pm.
Robin in NYC.